Maltepe University Faculty of Law
Istanbul / Turkey
As Maltepe University Faculty of Law, we are proud to announce that we are hosting the 7th Maltepe University International Student Congress (MUISC) in Istanbul, Turkey, between 21-22 March, 2019. Since 2013, MUISC has brought students from around the world giving them the opportunity to express and share their research interests and ideas on a variety of important issues in law.Very happily, many undergraduate and graduate students from other foreign Universities have participated at MUISC actively since its inception, This year Maltepe University has decided to internationalize the organization process of MUISC Law as well, which was already international with respect to its participants.
MUISC(L) will be held in our beautiful campus in Istanbul between 21 and 22 March 2019. The main theme of this year’s conference will be “Artificial Intelligence in the Legal Context’’. University students participating at MUISC(L) as a member of the organizing team will be able to stay in our affiliate five-star Marma Hotel inside the campus. All accommodation (including hotel fees as well as breakfast, lunch and dinners) is free of charge for member students of the organizing team. Travel expenses (to Turkey and back home) will have to be covered by the participant himself/herself. Students who agree to volunteer in the Organizing Committee will be asked to help our team of students from Maltepe University Law Faculty in organizing MUISC(L) 2019. Our organization team is already well-experienced and will take care of most of the important issues related to the organization, but students who want to participate. "[email protected]" they can use e-mail.
We believe that this is a valuable opportunity for students of our respective institutions to meet and work with an international team to organize a major academic event. Brief information on the conference themes/topics, important dates and logistics has been provided below. Detailed information will be provided upon request.
For details please contact
MUISC(L) 2019 Main Theme:
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN THE LEGAL CONTEXT
* Criminal liability of Artificial Intelligence
* Legal status of Artificial Intelligence(right,responsibilities etc.)
*Artificial Intelligence that are beneficial for law( E.q. UYAP)
* The Security and Privacy issues regarding Artificial Intelligence in social media networks(right to be forgotten)
*Artificial Intelligence and War Crimes
Abstract Submission Deadline:
Notice of Acceptance:
MUISC(L) 2019: March 21-22, 2019
There is no registration fee for the Congress. It is sponsored by Maltepe University, hence, expenses specified below are covered by Maltepe University free of any charge.
COVERED by MALTEPE UNIVERSITY
*Accommodation during the Congress at 5-star "Marma Hotel Istanbul"
*Transfers from airports to the hotel and from hotels to the airports
*Breakfasts, lunches and dinners Gala Dinner
*Access to all sessions
NOT COVERDED by MALTEPE UNIV.
*Transfer demands from the campus to the city center
*Extra drinks and meals
*Guests’ participation and expenses
*Visa expenses –if required-
The text of the abstracts should be submitted in English ONLY, in a separate Word document in the following format: max. 250 words, 1.5 line spaced Arial (Plain) 11-point font (except for title which should be 14-point font), A4 size page formatting, with the page margins of 2.5 cm from the left, top and bottom and 2 cm from the right.
Your abstract should include:
1- an introductory statement that outlines the background and significance of the study
2- a brief description of the basic theory/perspective and methodology
3- a clear indication of the major analysis and interpretation
4- a concluding statement
* Abstract should include title of paper, full name(s) of author(s), institutional affiliation, 250-word abstract which best describes the subject of your submission and e-mail address(es).
* Papers should not have been presented, published or accepted to be published elsewhere.
* Papers should be written in English and sent in MS Word-(doc/docx) format. PDF format cannot be accepted.
* Paper should not be more than 10 pages, including tables, charts, appendixes and references.
* Papers should be typed 1.5-spaced on one side of a standard A4 paper with Times New Roman pt 12, left margin 2,5 cm, bottom-top margin 3 cm and right margin 2,5cm.
* Presentations should not exceed 15 minutes