2020-2021 Academic Year Summer School Implementation Guidelines, Schedule and Fees
Summer School applications shall be made ONLINE.
Courses will be held online.
Course load in Summer School is limited to 3 courses or 10 credits.
In accordance with the Senate Decision dated 16.06.2017 and numbered 11, to be valid in the Summer School; In case of enrolling in 4 courses, it has been decided that students who have at most two courses left for graduation and who are able to attend the additional exams for these courses defined in the 26th Article of Maltepe University Regulation for Associate and Undergraduate Degree Education and Examination will be able to register for 4 courses in the Summer School
Only 2020-2021 Fall-Spring courses will be opened in the Summer School.
PURPOSE OF SUMMER EDUCATION:
a) To provide additional educational opportunities for students who were unable to enroll in some courses during the fall or spring semesters, failed the course they were enrolled in (F, BZ, DZ), or wish to repeat a course they passed in order to improve their overall Grade Point Average (GPA),
b) To help students balance their course load throughout the year by allowing them to enroll in some courses in advance, to broaden the opportunities for students enrolled in double major and minor programs and to shorten the education period,
c) To ensure that students in other universities and those working in related business fields benefit from the courses offered at the University.
ç) To make use of the educational resources of the university during the summer months and to increase the efficient use of the resources.
Summer School course registration/request collection for the 2020-2021 Academic Year; students will be able to request the courses they desire between June 28 and July 9, 2021, as long as they stay within the above-mentioned course load limits.. Students are required to pay the full fee for the courses they request to the Administrative and Financial Affairs Department by 16:00 on Friday, 09 July 2021.
The following students are accepted to the Summer School.:
a) Except for Prep Class students who freeze their registration after studying for one or two years, Maltepe University students who do not have a situation such as registration freeze, leave and suspension that prevents them from continuing their summer education according to the provisions of the relevant legislation ,
b) Students who are enrolled at another university and who wish to attend classes as part of a lifelong education program and whose applications have been approved by Summer Education Coordination Board (YÖEK)
Students who are currently enrolled in another higher education school will be able to enroll as well.. These students will be able to register between 26-30 July 2021, after the announcement of the courses that are finalized, on the website on Monday, 19 July 2021.
Application Link: https://mubis.maltepe.edu.tr/GENEL/YazOkulu/YazOkuluBasvuruGirisi.aspx
After the payment, students will make their choice of course/section between 12-16 July 2021 and their advisors will approve them simultaneously via MÜBIS.
According to Article 17 of Maltepe University Summer School Regulation:
(1) “In the following cases and with the agreement of the relevant board, students can attend courses from another university during the Summer School.
a) The course that the student applied for pre-registration was closed due to insufficient quota,
b) The course isn't on the list of pre-registration,
c) Acceptance of the student's excuse by the relevant board.
(2) Students who meet the requirements in the first paragraph of this article and wish to attend courses at another university must submit a petition to the relevant Faculty/School/Vocational School/Conservatory, together with documentation of the course code, name, credits, and hours.
Students must have completed the Summer Education payment and registration procedures at our University in accordance with the specified processes, and the relevant course/courses must not have been opened in our University in order to take Summer Education course/courses from other higher education institutions.
With the Senate Decision dated 19/06/2019, the School of Nursing, Nursing Program, Intern I and Intern II courses in the 7th and 8th Semesters will be opened in the 2020-2021 Summer School, and will be available for students who are in the graduation phase and have only one remaining course from the related Intern courses.
In order for a course to be opened, there must be at least "4" students in the branch and the relevant Faculty/School/Vocational School/Conservatory must approve the opening of the course. Weekly Course Schedules will be announced on the Faculty/School/Vocational School/Conservatory web pages on Monday, 19 July 2021.
Students whose requested course(s) are closed and/or not opened will be refunded as of 27 August 2021.
However, it is not possible to reimburse the tuition fees for the requested and finalized courses.
- Students who do not apply between June 8 and July 9, 2021 will be unable to enroll in classes afterwards..
- Academic Units shall produce Weekly Course Schedules for the upcoming courses in such a way that there are no conflicts, taking into consideration the branches in which each student is registered.
- Students who applied between June 28 and July 9, 2021 and whose courses were not opened will be able to apply to the relevant faculty /school / vocational school / conservatory between July 12 and July 16, 2021, and register for another course instead of the unopened course.
- The Summer School courses cannot be dropped, and withdrawal from the program is not permitted.
- Because there will be so many opened courses, lectures shall be given on Saturday and Sunday as well.
- Click here for detailed information on the Preparatory Class Summer Education at the School of Foreign Languages.
CLICK HERE FOR 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR SUMMER SCHOOL ACADEMIC CALENDAR.
CLICK HERE FOR 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR SUMMER SCHOOL TUITION FEES.
CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION FORM FOR OTHER UNIVERSITY STUDENTS FOR 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR.